Flash video working in Mint!?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jah603

Flash video working in Mint!?

Post by jah603 »

Hi everyone,

I've tried many distros and have not been able to get flash videos to work... until I tried Mint. I'm using Mint 7. I have an ASROCK 4COREDUAL-SATA2 PT880 775 mobo with a 2.5G dual core processor and 2 gigs of ram, and an older PCI Soundblaster card.

My question is, what does Mint do differently from other distros that flash works for me. I watch Hulu and Youtube a lot. I tried Debian, Sidix, Arch, Gentoo Sabayon, and others and no matter what I did it just would freeze my browser (Firefox or Opera), then it would occasionally start back up, but play really fast so it was unwatchable.

Great job and thanks for the wonderful distro, and please let me in on the secret!

Jim
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Flash video working in Mint!?

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint
There is no secret - it just works :)
jah603

Post by jah603 »

Thanks for the reply, Husse.

I know Mint is the "Just Works" distro, and if you don't want to let people in on the trade secrets, that's understandable. But something is done differently in Mint that makes flash videos work on my PC, and I was hoping to find out what it is. After months of frustration trying everything to solve this issue it would be nice to know what the solution is, and I know it would help many others with the same problems I had. I know many Linux users are like me, and like to learn new things.

Thank you,
Jim
Husse

Post by Husse »

Actually I don't know why....
There is no "trade secret"
jah603

Post by jah603 »

OK. That's what makes Mint great, I wish I hadn't spent all that time with other distros when Mint just works out of the box. :D

Thanks,
Jim
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

jah603,no trade secrets around here! We would be happy to tell you any tip or tricks if we used any for this. We do test flash before we release along with a lot of other things.

Return to “Sound”