Incomplete Swedish translation

Help make Linux Mint support your language.
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Incomplete Swedish translation

Postby loevet on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:38 am

Hi there all,

My name is Andreas Eklöv and I've been working as a tech journalist for almost a decade now. I had but given up hope on a Linux distribution actually managing to be as complete of a desktop os as Windows or Mac OS X when I stumbled upon Linux Mint. I really liked version six but it was Linux Mint 7 that really blew my socks of. The performance, the UI, codecs and DVD playback working right out of the box - let's just say that I'm impressed. I'm writing several articles about Linux on netbooks and otherwise right now and the verdict will be glowing to say the least.

With that windy introduction out of the way, I have noticed that the Swedish translation is very incomplete. The installation process, the "start menu" and the Mint Update menu are reasonably well translated but the rest of the system isn't. I'd like to help out, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction so that I can contribute to the success I feel that Linux Mint 7 deserves. I have installed it on my parents laptop right now and will be spreading the word to others I know, via Twitter and otherwise.

Best regards,
- Andreas Eklöv
loevet
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Incomplete Swedish translation

Postby Husse on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:22 am

Tack på förhand för hjälpen
Now English
Go tot this subforum
There's all you need
Unfortunately the translations are hardcoded into the Mint tools so a change has to wait for a new version
The intention is to change that....
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Translations