[SOLVED]Nokia 6500c isn't detected

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thx1138

[SOLVED]Nokia 6500c isn't detected

Post by thx1138 »

I don't want to sync my cellphone with my PC. I want to transfer data like audio books. I can do that with Puppy, but Mint (and Ubuntu in the past) failed to recognize my cellphone.
I tried all the software around (gnokii, gMobileMedia, open.iforgotthename), but why should this software recognize something my Mint doesn't?

So, is there a way to force Mint (my edition: Fluxbox 6) to do what my Puppy does?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Nokia 6500c isn't detected

Post by Husse »

If you connect via USB with the phone connected run lsusb (l is a lower case L) and post here
It should be detected
thx1138

Post by thx1138 »

This is what i get:

Code: Select all

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0421:003b Nokia Mobile Phones 
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well at least we know that the phone is recognized by your system. However the USB ID was of no help - normally you get much better information searching for that.
I found an old aquaintance looking solutions - have you tried f-spot?
There's also the possibility to use obextool ( obextool --obexcmd "obexftp -u 1" )
Both are found in Synaptic
thx1138

Post by thx1138 »

F-spot keeps crashing, i can't use it.
ObexTool does not recognize my cellphone, but i'm reading the documentation now....

EDIT:
No luck. There's no obexwrap.sh...

So, problem still unsolved.
thx1138

Post by thx1138 »

I ran the lsusb comand with my puppy and (my first try with it; i'm a little bit frustrated with the new Mint Xfce... it isn't available :wink: ) Dream Linux Xfce (Live mode). The same results as i posted before. I don't know if this might be of help...
thx1138

Re: [SOLVED]Nokia 6500c isn't detected

Post by thx1138 »

Just installed Mint Xfce RC1 and i can access my Nokia cellphone now.

Return to “Hardware Support”