mint 7 moonlight plugin not working using live cd

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pc_doc

mint 7 moonlight plugin not working using live cd

Post by pc_doc »

At the moment I'm using mint 5, and firefox 3.0.10 with moonlight pluging installed. but when when i try to use ITV player it just keeps telling me to install silverlight. Now according to Linuxmint web site. Firefox now comes with the Moonlight plugin and support for Silverlight 1.x.
So i thought that i would trying out the live cd of mint 7, to see if it is worth installing, and the plugin for moonlight does not work, when i try to use ITV player. The website just keeps telling me to install sliverlight.
Could it be that it is because it is running from the cd, i don't want to install Mint 7 and find that it does not work.

I
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jjude

Re: mint 7 moonlight plugin not working using live cd

Post by Jjude »

I too couldnt get silverlight to work in mint 6 and now mint 7, to watch ITV online. Ill watch this thread in the hope it can be conquered.
pc_doc

Post by pc_doc »

No one know how to get this to work?
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Fornhamfred »

ITV player does not work with moonlight but if you use this add-on for mozilla it will allow you to play what you want.

http://chris.orr.me.uk/caughtup/
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

Who wants to watch ITV anyway :D
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
armagedon51

Post by armagedon51 »

From what I dig, even using the full install, MS Silverlight based sites do not works mostly because the moonlight plugin support only Silverlight 1.0, which is almost obsolete. Most of the sites use v2.0. Even MS just release version 3.0. I complained to our "National" TV station (Radio-Canada) ) which use Sliverlight 2.0 for most of their videos. That bars all Linux platforms from watching their videos, stupid. The funny thing is that most of the others stations use Flash which works perfectly on Linux.

Moonlight support for version 2-3 should be coming but MS and Novell are in talking and who knows how long they will agree on something ...

Return to “Software & Applications”