blank screen after suspend

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: blank screen after suspend

Post by exploder »

Mint 7 is supposed to have better support for that type of thing. You might give the new release a try.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I wouldn't try the upgrade, too risky....

Edit: Might be something useful here.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/293242
owend

Post by owend »

I had Ubuntu 9.04 where suspend didn't work: I've gone to Mint 7 and it worked out-of-the-box.

The fix I used to get suspend to work in 9.04 was: Open a terminal and enter sudo gedit; in Gedit open /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-suspend-linux; find the line QUIRKS=" "; change it to QUIRKS="--quirk-s3-bios --quirk-s3-mode --quirk-dpms-suspend –-quirk-dpms-on --quirk-vbestate-restore --quirk-vbemode-restore --quirk-vga-mode3 –-quirk-vbe-post –-quirk-reset-brightness" – not all may be necessary, but I enabled them all anyway and nothing adverse happened - you can try one at a time, if you wanted to! Save and exit. Set Power Management for lid closed = suspend.

Try it: I don't use hibernate, but the same routine in /usr/lib/hal/scripts/linux/hal-system-power-hibernate-linux should work

Return to “Installation & Boot”