Video playback & Flash problems

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
terrorblader

Video playback & Flash problems

Post by terrorblader »

Hy!I notice some problems with video playback , like the image is "broken" in the middle sometimes (wich did not happen in windows 7 and vista) on my laptop (the one in the sig).
Also there are some flash problems wich I noticed last night.I wanted to see a trailer for Transformers and entered http://www.transformersmovie.com/ . The website ran really slow and choppy.I removed adobe-flash-plugin and installed flashplugin-nonfree and still the same thing happens.I don't think that the hardware is really a problem , I played Age Of Empires 3 with this lappy.

One more thing : I am not sure if the refresh rate for the screen was set to 60 Hz on Windows as well and I could not find any documentation specifying the optimal refresh rate for 1280x800.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Video playback & Flash problems

Post by lagagnon »

You probably do not have the correct video driver loaded. Did you go to Control Centre, Hardware, Hardware Drivers? Is there anything recommend there. If not run this command: "inxi -G". That will tell you what video card you have and you can then post that information back here.
terrorblader

Re: Video playback & Flash problems

Post by terrorblader »

Ok, output of the command is :

Code: Select all

terror@Aspire5720Z ~ $ inxi -G
Graphics:  Card Intel Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller X.Org 1.5.2 Res 1280x800@59.9hz
In hardware drivers all it shows is support of atheros wlan , wich is not in use (I got it working with ndiswrapper).
Also , I am pretty sure I have drivers installed cuz I have 3D acceleration (compiz is enabled , cube is on etc.).

Return to “Sound”