Dual Monitor Problem

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
blobms

Dual Monitor Problem

Post by blobms »

I am running Linux Mint 7 on an Asus Eee family PC (900A).
Thus far I love the idea of my small ultra portable Netbook running a Linux based OS and having the option to hook up to my Dell 22" monitor when I want to get down to business. But I am having intermittent trouble with my dual monitor setup. I have all the power management options set to not disturb operations while the laptop lid is closed or plug/unplugged. I also have all the display settings set to recognize the 22" monitor and yet the monitor will just blank out periodically. I will toggle the function keys between pushing the display b/w LCD or native and effectively regain my laptops display but not the 22" Dell display. The only thing I have found to regain my external display is to Restart or Shutdown my system. But then I am left playing Russian Roulette until it craps out again.

Is there a driver update that might help? Am I expecting too much from my Eee PC to display to a 22" external monitor?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
barrieluv
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Dual Monitor Problem

Post by barrieluv »

blobms wrote:Am I expecting too much from my Eee PC to display to a 22" external monitor?
No, not at all. I hook mine up to a 37" TV via SVGA and use the gnome-randr-applet to switch the display between the Eee and the TV. I've never experienced the issue you have though. In Power Management everything is set to Never on AC and Battery and closing the laptop lid is set to blank screen.
Is it a case of your machine going into hibernation or suspend? Does this only occur with a particular app running?
EeePC 701 Ubuntu 10.04 || HP Pavilion DV6 Linux Mint 17 Mate Edition

Return to “Hardware Support”