How to stop opening an aplication every time I ....

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kittum

How to stop opening an aplication every time I ....

Post by Kittum »

Hello and thanks in advance for you answers, time, and consideration. :)

I am a guitar player and I produce and burn many CDs and DVDs.

I was loading a blank DVD and a box popped up and asked what I wanted to do. I selected "Open the DVD burner every time I load a blank disk".

My problem is that it opens or reloads the DVD burner when I am happy making several copies of the same project. In this case I do not want the computer to open a redundant copy of the DVD burner every time I load a blank disk.

I would be happy for the computer to do nothing when I load a blank disk and let me select an application to use.

How can I change this?

FYI the burner that I use is Brasero.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: How to stop opening an aplication every time I ....

Post by proxima_centauri »

Try opening up Nautilus (the file manager) go to Preferences, Media tab. Not sure if what you mean is in there, but you can set it to never prompt for media.
Kittum

Post by Kittum »

Hmm.

I should note that I am using Mint 6.

The only Nautilus I can find has to do with actions (which sounds like what I need) but I can not find "Preferences" or "Media tab" within that window.
clhodapp

Post by clhodapp »

Nautilus is simply your file browser.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Kittum wrote:The only Nautilus I can find has to do with actions (which sounds like what I need) but I can not find "Preferences" or "Media tab" within that window
Open you files with the nautilus application mint menu>Places>Home Folder or Computer, makes no difference or use the icon on the desktop Computer or userID? (would be your logged in name Icon
Under Edit>Preferences>Media, turn off []Never Prompt... []Browse Media ...

Screenshot of that page/TAB on Nautilus browser/file manager
Kittum

Post by Kittum »

Yes!

That worked, and it was so easy.

Again thanks for everyone's help and patience.

Problem solved.

Return to “Software & Applications”