Re: Free webdesign

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

seularts wrote:The only thing to be considered is that, in return, the sites that are being made, to have a link that returns to TZR and one to Linux Mint (helping TZR and Linux Mint to have a beet SEO). Also, the relation of this post here, for Mint, is that it inspired me to give art for free and that I would like to develop this project in being something like Linux Web Design, for people that use Linux mainly, but also other people as well
What the heck is SEO..
There is no such thing as Linux site design or Windows site design or MAC (OS-X) site design, there is only site design, whether you use dhtml, xhtml, css or ajax or an ide language( php, asp, drupal) et all
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html- ... beginners/
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/
http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
--xhtml
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
--css

The only thing that separates web designers from one another is the tools they use, and their imagination/vision..
--or in the commercial realm, number of clients/web sites designed..
Last edited by SMG on Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locking topic to prevent spam posts.
optimize me

Post by optimize me »

seularts wrote:This is my little project, that I'm working on:
http://www.tzr.ro/
The pitch...
seularts wrote:I just hate to see people having to pay money for something that isn't worth even a dime.
Indeed I don't mean that I don't mind a donation or two, in the site, and to obtain some money from advertising, as well, to keep up with my payments for the host provider, but the information given is the essence here.
The swing.....
seularts wrote:Also when I mean tutorials, I would like them to be about all branches of design, if that could be possible, but I can't write it all alone.
So if you are willing to help and know others that would like to join up, here is my e-mail:
The... huh?

I'm not sure I get this guy's approach, but he has 4 posts to his credit, all of which are nearly verbatim to this one. He's pitching a site, soliciting "donations", is not very well-versed on the subject at hand (Linux web-design?)... What does any of this do in the way of helping Mint and Mint users?

Don't feed the spammers, kids.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

optimize me wrote:Don't feed the spammers, kids.
I know, I know..
--but he improved his site after he first posted; initially there was little if any design or documentation there..

I just thought well, yes it is a pitch for his site and really nothing to do with mint, but I also considered that maybe he isn't too sure about his direction and the English is little awkward, so it is hard to understand the project, and what the goal is really!

Although the obvious goal of getting some web designers or potential designers/clients, associated with his site is all too apparent

So, I'll shut up on it, as he does have his email out and it is on his site as well..
optimize me

Post by optimize me »

DrHu wrote:So, I'll shut up on it, as he does have his email out and it is on his site as well..
I didn't mean it as an order or anything...

I agree it is strange... definitely not the standard approach or anything. I'm not sure what the angle is, but any time somebody says "come look at my site" and asks for donations of time or money, it's definitely a suspect operation. Especially given the recent rash of spamming these forums have seen. Also especially when the user's post count includes 4 verbatim post copies in a short time span.

Personally, I reported it as soon as I saw the first one. I'm not sure what (if any) action has been or will be taken.
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

DrHu wrote:What the heck is SEO..
I believe he is referring to Search Engine Optimization, which has nothing to do with what he is trying to get at. The reason why I say this is that no one needs his site for better search optimization. You can do this on your own and very easily.

Now, not to be totally against this person; he does have a good idea, but trying to promote this here is not what I would call "smart". If he is looking for SEO, this isn't the place to do it.

As I mentioned in another post from him; in order to make a site, especially one that is going to be a professional site offering website tutorials, you will need to better your spelling, grammar and punctuation. Only reason why I say this is that I am a CIW Professional. I went to school for just this sort of thing.

Like I said, you have a good idea, but posting, and promoting your site here isn't the wisest choice.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well this is a bit odd, but I'll allow it (just about)
If this guy starts posting more strange posts I'd like you to report it
rastiazul

Post by rastiazul »

i like the idea except that linux aint mentioned anywhere

there is also another problem: the register thing doesnt work
dequire

Post by dequire »

rastiazul wrote:i like the idea except that linux aint mentioned anywhere
Go back and read it. pretty sure he has good intentions.
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

I'm pretty sure this post is dead, so there is no point in bringing it back to life.

Return to “Programming & Development”