Selected boot device not available

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lagagnon

Re: Selected boot device not available

Post by lagagnon »

Getting pissed off won't help though will it? I suggest you read this - basically you need to ensure the boot loader was installed correctly, which I suspect it wasn't:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootFromUSB
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ddalley
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ddalley »

Traxxasred wrote:Alright. So where should I install the boot loader to?
This is a basic GRUB / USB question for which I'd dearly like to know the answer, too.
I think I'm messing up my installs by putting the boot loader in the wrong spot.
I don't think Installer has a Help note about it during the install process, either. It should.

I'm unhooking my hard drive, to ensure neither I nor the Installer messes with it.
This simplifies and speeds up the install process, too.
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

Traxxasred wrote:The lack of knowledge on such a seemingly simple problem is frustrating.
It is suggested that as this is a volunteer run forum, you might be more patient, or if no answer is forthcoming then hunt it down yourself. Or perhaps you should "ask for your money back". Or you might even want to consider paying for support if you don't feel like you are getting it at the forum. You can in fact pay for support by arranging this at the Mint website: http://linuxmint.com/support.php

In fact, the answer to your question is well written in the link I provided above in my first response to you, in the "Booting via Grub" section.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Traxxasred,

If you are willing to put a bit of time into this and be patient with me, I will get you up and running. Don't tell me you will if you aren't willing to follow through. Just say no thanks and I'll be happy to let it go. :-)

Fred

Return to “Installation & Boot”