Trouble instaling mint

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred

Re: Trouble instaling mint

Post by Fred »

jovan300,

Download and burn, slowly, the latest stable version of gparted live cd iso, (url below). You could use the gparted version in the menu of the live cd install disk but just in case it is bad, which is a distinct possibility, it would be nice to have a means of verification. Use the gparted live cd to make your partitions.

I would suggest pre-making your partitions and then doing the install. When you get to the partitioning part select "manual" and assign the pre-made partitions to the mount points.

http://download.linux-live-cd.org/Super ... sgd/cdrom/

I am assuming you are making a standard install, not an install through Windows. If you are trying to install through Windows, the above info does not apply to you. I can't help you with that situation.

Fred
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Trouble instaling mint

Post by viking777 »

I presume the picture you link to shows the live cd running? If so then run it again, open a terminal and type

Code: Select all

sudo fdisk -l
I think that works from the live cd, and at least it will tell us what fdisk thinks your hard drive contains. This may or may not give a clue as to why the installer doesn't see anything.

Of course as Fred alludes, you may just have a faulty installation disk.

Return to “Installation & Boot”