Mint4win fail

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Borsook

Mint4win fail

Post by Borsook »

Hi, Mint4Win does not install Mint 7 KDE for me, on the same machine using main edition it works just fine. Just in case I'm attaching the installation logs.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Mint4win fail

Post by Husse »

Just a thought
Do you try to have two Mint systems with mint4win at the same time?
There may be some conflict in the Windows startup files if you try that - I just guess, Windows has become something less familiar for me :)
I'll ask around
Borsook

Post by Borsook »

Husse wrote:Just a thought
Do you try to have two Mint systems with mint4win at the same time?
There may be some conflict in the Windows startup files if you try that - I just guess, Windows has become something less familiar for me :)
I'll ask around
No, it's the only one... I tried again and MInt 7 installs fine in Mint4win, KDE version displays some error at the begining about disk (which I did not quite get, will try to re-run it to get the exact wording) and then stops...
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

You need to check the md5sum of the iso.
If it's ok and you have burned it to a dvd, copy the mint4win.exe to the same folder as the iso.
Then eject the cd and run the mint4win.exe.
If there is anything wrong with the iso mint4win will download a new one.
Make sure to select at least 6GB for the size.
Also make sure that windows shutdown correctly or Linux Mint won't be able to mount the partitions.
I have just install Linux mint 7 KDE CE on my pc and it installed fine.
Borsook

Post by Borsook »

merlwiz79 wrote:You need to check the md5sum of the iso.
If it's ok and you have burned it to a dvd, copy the mint4win.exe to the same folder as the iso.
Then eject the cd and run the mint4win.exe.
If there is anything wrong with the iso mint4win will download a new one.
Make sure to select at least 6GB for the size.
Also make sure that windows shutdown correctly or Linux Mint won't be able to mount the partitions.
I have just install Linux mint 7 KDE CE on my pc and it installed fine.
I will try again as soon as the time permits, but the disk message I mentioned was not about DVD but it was from the partitioner. I thought I would be somewhere in the logs that I have posted, that is why I did not write it down, but will do that.

Return to “Software & Applications”