GUI bug in System admin section

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

GUI bug in System admin section

Post by solar1951 »

Hi, just downloaded Gloria KDE for a trial and it looks good tho' have one issue that means I cant use it unless there is a work around.
The problem shows itself at screen res of 1024x768 which is the res for my wifes toshiba laptop and one of my other pcs with a 15" monitor.
When I go to System > Advanced > Samba to set the samba workgroup and shares etc the window will not resize so the bottom of the window where the action buttons are is off the bottom of the screen and cannot be resized vertically. It is OK on my other system where I use a 1280x1024 screen.
If I resize this screen to 1024x768 then the problem shows itself again. I cannot therefore set my samba preferences by GUI with a screen res of 1024x768.
All of this happens running the live DVD as I dont want to install if I cannot find a solution.
Any help please ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: GUI bug in System admin section

Post by Boo »

can you set the resolution higher just to use that app?
i have not looked for a virtual desktop size app to set the virtual resolution higher and then pan around the screen.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Re: GUI bug in System admin section

Post by solar1951 »

Boo wrote:can you set the resolution higher just to use that app?
i have not looked for a virtual desktop size app to set the virtual resolution higher and then pan around the screen.

Boo
Thanks for your reply, Boo.
Yes I can do that and then once samba is set up revert back to 1024x768 to use other programs if the graphics driver will allow me to. I am trying to convince my wife to move over to Mint and therefore will probably stick to the main edition for her laptop.
However the bug still remains, and I would have thought that there are quite a few laptops that still use this resolution - we can't all spend money to upgrade functioning equipment especially when putting kids through university :?
To finish on a positive note I like the KDE release a lot and may put it on my main box, but this will mean removing Mint Gnome - too many options, I must go and lie down.

Return to “Software & Applications”