What have I done now?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
whare1
Level 2
Level 2

What have I done now?

Post by whare1 »

Hi all

Right I have no idea what the hell I have done this time

well I have not got the minimize maximize and close buttons at the top of ANY window see screen shot

as you should be able to see there is nothing at the top of the window to close any window I have to go File>Quit or right click in taskbar so I am just wondering if anybody knows how to get it back?

Thanx
Will
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I've Been
Minted

Running Mint 9 KDE
Running Mint 9 Gnome
Husse

Post by Husse »

I think you've tampered with Beryl, and there are themes even without the buttons
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... ryl&t=1828

http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... ryl&t=2220
whare1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by whare1 »

Seems to be a bit bigger problem than I thought

Terminal just displays as a white box with nothing else (and still got the above problem)
I've Been
Minted

Running Mint 9 KDE
Running Mint 9 Gnome
Husse

Post by Husse »

I know I have seen that problem somewhere. If you search for Beryl in the forum you get 180 hits...but I'm pretty certain I've seen something like that in the forum. I don't have the time right now to look through all these posts.
Take a look and begin with the oldest as I think it was a while since I saw it.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: What have I done now?

Post by scorp123 »

whare1 wrote: I have no idea what the hell I have done this time
You killed your "Window Decorator" :twisted:

Go to "Beryl Manager" and select a Window decorator, e.g. Emerald, Aquamarine, Compiz GTK Decorator ... depending on what you installed or not, some options may not be available to you.

If necessary re-run the "Emerald Manager" and pick a different Emerald theme; maybe you picked one your machine can't handle (e.g. too many transparency effects? I had that too once ...)
whare1
Level 2
Level 2

Post by whare1 »

Thanx scorp I fixed it now I just have to remember that it is easy to mess things up but some times not so easy to put them right ;)
I've Been
Minted

Running Mint 9 KDE
Running Mint 9 Gnome
Husse

Post by Husse »

You killed your "Window Decorator"
Agreed, but it may not help to add a window decorator, I've tried before and now in Cassandra....
Selected one and nothing happened, but again that may be
because
picked one your machine can't handle

Return to “Other topics”