Vodaphone mobile conect.

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
viking777

Re: Vodaphone mobile conect.

Post by viking777 »

Two things here, when I use Synaptic to search for python-openssl it shows two packages installed. python-openssl and python-pyopenssl. If you can't install one of them then why not try the other. I really don't know if this will make any difference though.

The second thing is to try and install it from a terminal

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install python-openssl
It may not succeed but if it doesn't it might tell you why it has failed.

EDIT. Just read the last paragraph of your post - I doubt that downloading from a terminal will work if you can't use it in Mint7.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
edwinv

Post by edwinv »

i know if you install network manager instead of wicd then the dongle will work out of the box

i also have an Huawei dongle and with network manager you can edit connection and go to mobile connection

works out of the box
viking777

Post by viking777 »

edwinv wrote:i know if you install network manager instead of wicd then the dongle will work out of the box

i also have an Huawei dongle and with network manager you can edit connection and go to mobile connection

works out of the box
Definitely.

If you are using wicd you will never get it to work - get rid of it.

Return to “Hardware Support”