Font Manager - Need Testers

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrHu

Re: Font Manager - Need Testers

Post by DrHu »

There are a few font manager/editor programs already available
--check them as well..
http://uwstopia.nl/blog/2007/06/find-fo ... e-specimen
http://fontmanager.blogspot.com/

And of course the appearance>Fonts TAB, which will show the installed fonts in the system
--as well as the Debian font utilities..
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
beauvin

Post by beauvin »

Very usefull application, i've been looking for something like this for some time now. Thank you !

Umm appears i got some errors in the terminal, i do not know it they are related to your app but rather to my gtk installed themes, this happens after i press the "Set Font Preferences" button...appart from this though your app is quite stable ( and ready to be introduced in the mint repository i might add ;) )

Here is the terminal output

EDIT: Nevermind the same thing shows when i start "gnome-appearance-properties" in the terminal

Code: Select all

$ font-manager
INFO    :  Font Manager is now starting
INFO    :  Validating /home/adrian/.fonts.conf
INFO    :  Successfully parsed /home/adrian/.fonts.conf
INFO    :  Disabling blacklist temporarily...
INFO    :  Found a total of 79 fonts
INFO    :  Re-enabling blacklist
INFO    :  Launching font preferences dialog

(gnome-appearance-properties:3825): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: Linia 68 caracterul 64: „shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.84” nu s-a putut prelucra ca un întreg

(gnome-appearance-properties:3825): GLib-WARNING **: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: Linia 69 caracterul 66: „shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.80” nu s-a putut prelucra ca un întreg

The overwriting error message was: Linia 70 caracterul 67: „shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.78” nu s-a putut prelucra ca un întreg

The overwriting error message was: Linia 71 caracterul 60: „shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.88” nu s-a putut prelucra ca un întreg

The overwriting error message was: Linia 72 caracterul 63: „shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/1.12” nu s-a putut prelucra ca un întreg

The overwriting error message was: Linia 73 caracterul 60: „shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.56” nu s-a putut prelucra ca un întreg

The overwriting error message was: Linia 75 caracterul 66: „shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.76” nu s-a putut prelucra ca un întreg

The overwriting error message was: Linia 76 caracterul 64: „shade/gtk:bg[NORMAL]/0.81” nu s-a putut prelucra ca un întreg

Oh and one more thing what is this "Disabling blacklist temporarily...", what blacklist is it disabling??
Here's a suggestion when i select a font for example "Arial" and click the "Detail Font information" my screen is filled with 7 windows for each style the font has, this is really annoying, maybe you can make only one window popup with 7 tabs for each style
dequire

Post by dequire »

This app is excellent! I would seriously recommend that this would be a standard program in any Mint install. I'm surprised this has not received more traction considering the amount of princess that takes place (not entirely unwarranted) regarding stock fonts in Linux.

Clem and the rest of the Mint team: This would go a long way in adding That little bit of polish that helps make all the difference that we always are talking about.

Again, great work, and congrats for making such a useful tool - especially since you indicated that you are relatively new at coding. If I find any bugs (haven't yet) I'll let you know.

Here it is in a lighter theme (source is the project homepage)

Return to “Chat about Linux”