starting firefox with alternate profile

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
allenm
Level 1
Level 1

starting firefox with alternate profile

Post by allenm »

I'm trying to start Firefox with a profile set up for extension development. I can start a copy of Firefox with the dev profile from the command line but I'm stymied as to how to start it from the menus.

The command line command is firefox -no-remote -P "dev" but no matter how I futzed with the menu entry I can't get firefox to come up using the development profile. It always brings up the Profile Manager even though I've passed along the parameter that ought select a profile.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
allenm
Level 1
Level 1

Post by allenm »

That is the menu entry but when I use the icon for the "dev" profile in the "Internet" menu it opens the profile manager. I can start a copy of Firefox using the "dev" profile at that point but I ought to be able to start the "dev" profile without the profile manager coming up.

I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong in the set up of the profile or the icon so either something is bollixed in my system or something is bollixed in the software.

Return to “Software & Applications”