Mint 7 boot issues with USB wireless adapter

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Losgann

Mint 7 boot issues with USB wireless adapter

Post by Losgann »

Hello all,

I've just installed Mint 7 KDE CE to try it out. For some reason, when I was trying to boot the live DVD, it would start to load and then just freeze and I could do nothing but reboot. Eventually I tried removing some peripherals and when I unplugged my USB wireless adapter, then it booted into the live DVD fine and I was able to install it to my hard drive. However, now that it is installed, the same thing keeps happening. It will only boot as long as the USB wireless adapter is unplugged; if the wireless is plugged in then Mint freezes and won't boot up. Any ideas what could be causing this, and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
intoDesign.ca

Re: Mint 7 boot issues with USB wireless adapter

Post by intoDesign.ca »

Which wireless USB adaptor are you using? Brand name and model?
Losgann

Re: Mint 7 boot issues with USB wireless adapter

Post by Losgann »

Linksys WUSB54G.

I didn't have any problems with it in Mint 5 or Mint 6. It's an older adapter, and requires ndiswrapper to make it work, but until now it has never caused any problems with booting.

Return to “Installation & Boot”