SOLVED Totally blown away by Gloria, but ...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zoo0828

SOLVED Totally blown away by Gloria, but ...

Post by zoo0828 »

Tried almost every major distros recently, finally I decided to go for Gloria, it's absolutely amazing!

However, encountered with this frustrating problem, I have to reset the desktop effects after every reboot...

My box: Gloria KDE + latest NV 185 driver

Guys, please help!!! Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: HELP Totally blown away by Gloria, but ...

Post by richyrich »

Open a terminal and type gksudo nvidia-settings , enter your password, make your changes, use the "Save to X" button . . your done ! :D

regards, Richy

ps: if you are using the kde edition replace gksudo with kdesudo .
NYDAz

Post by NYDAz »

I like just a simple and Powerfull OS ! No effects for me !

Think about it !

You really need those effects ?
zoo0828

Post by zoo0828 »

Whoa, it works !!! Thanks, Richyrich~~~

Also thanks to NYDAz, I'm a newbie here, hehe, believe I will eventually learn and work the best out of the true potential of Linux someday later.
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

NYDAz wrote:I like just a simple and Powerfull OS ! No effects for me !

Think about it !

You really need those effects ?
NYDAz: I agree. Desktop effects are one of the most useless, resource consuming, time consuming facilities ever to hit the desktop computing world. The way I understand computers, they are primarily designed to enable us to do tasks quicker and easier. Desktop effects slow down your computing simply to provide useless eye-candy. They are like a great-looking dumb blonde - terrific in bed and for the first date, but you can't live with them!
richyrich

Re: SOLVED Totally blown away by Gloria, but ...

Post by richyrich »

@zoo0828,
Your welcome . . . and welcome to the Mint forums! :D
Richy
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

lagagnon wrote:NYDAz: I agree. Desktop effects are one of the most useless, resource consuming, time consuming facilities ever to hit the desktop computing world.
Second only to Facebook! :lol:

Return to “Beginner Questions”