Installing Gloria 7 xfce onto an SDHC Memory Card?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DavidS

Installing Gloria 7 xfce onto an SDHC Memory Card?

Post by DavidS »

Hi,

Can anyone share with me the info on how to install Mint 7 xfce to an SDHC memory card and make it bootable so I can plug it into any computer that has a card reader and boot into the OS??

I just picked up a 32 gig card and am excited about doing this! Then if I need to reinstall vista, I don't have to worry about my Linux drive. I have been using a USB hard drive to run linux. But if I take my laptop with me on the go, I also need to lug around the linux hard drive because vista won't boot without it and I will get a Grub error.

Please help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
emorrp1

Re: Installing Gloria 7 xfce onto an SDHC Memory Card?

Post by emorrp1 »

AFAIK, the process is identical to installing it to USB (google search), though I don't know how many systems can boot from SD(HC).
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I did a search on this AFAIK and all that comes up is some dictionary by this name and some other irrelevant things.
Anaxis

Post by Anaxis »

I did a search on this AFAIK and all that comes up is some dictionary by this name and some other irrelevant things.
AFAIK means "As Far As I Know." xD

Yes, the installation procedure is the same as it would be to a USB stick, except you need to find out if your system can boot from SD. As far as I've seen, there really aren't any, but feel free to refute that with hard fact!
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Couldn't you make the SD memory card the same as a Persistant USB ? Sounds right, in theory.

Then the laptop wouldn't have to 'boot' from the SD .... just, plug it into the card slot and open the persistant files.
And open the LinuxMint windows and desktop.

Wouldn't that work? :?:
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Take a look at what I found...

http://www.linuxbootsticks.com/

EDIT: I asked the guy to sell instructions of how to make an SD card into a boot-able device for Linux and he declined. :cry:

Return to “Installation & Boot”