[Solved]liveCD doesnt boot...

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lagagnon

Re: liveCD doesnt boot...

Post by lagagnon »

I assume you checked the md5sum of the ISO before and after your burn and that you tried burning at a lower speed?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
eto_d

Re: [Solved]liveCD doesnt boot...

Post by eto_d »

I seem to have the same issue - the live cd starts but then stops at a position stating mint@mint~$ apparently waiting for some input.

I did check the checksum prior to burning and used slow burning but did not check the checksum again afterwards, would not know how to do this. I downloaded md5sum for windows as per helpfile and followed the instructions for checksum checking but this only works for the original download file. How would I do this against the burnt disk?

Any other suggestions as to why my live cd is not working. Btw, there was no option ot use compatibility mode or any of the other options - seems I never got that far.
eto_d

Post by eto_d »

Do you get a screen that says press any key?
No, it goes throught the normal (I suppose) loading of Mint showing the green screen but no options, then once this is finished I am getting a dos screen with the cow and the "log-in" request. :?
akmoney

Post by akmoney »

do you need to back up files when going off the cd not installing it to the hard drive.

Return to “Installation & Boot”