Mint 7 XFCE RC1 help needed

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kaye

Re: Mint 7 XFCE RC1 help needed

Post by Kaye »

1. Mint slower than xbuntu - I haven't experienced this at all. Have you made sure that frequency scaling is off? That's really the only thing I can think of. There's no reason Mint would have a memory leak that xbuntu doesn't

2. You should be able to right click the menu and click edit.

3. The general solution for flash related problems is

Code: Select all

apt remove --purge flashplugin-nonfree & apt install adobe-flashplugin
But it's generally known that the flash packaging for Linux is not very good. Once again, this should be no different on Mint than it is in xbuntu.

4. In order to do anything about the sound, we need more information. Post the output of

Code: Select all

inxi -A
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thx1138

Re: Mint 7 XFCE RC1 help needed

Post by thx1138 »

I had the same problem with flash. I installed Flashblocker (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/433), and the problem was gone (flash does many funny things with cpu and ram, especially on older machines). With flashblock you decide, what flash stuff you want to see on webpages and a lot of ad crap doesn't bother your ressources.

Return to “Xfce”