[Elyssa KDE 3.5.x Only] - ASRock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rec9140

[Elyssa KDE 3.5.x Only] - ASRock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi

Post by rec9140 »

Any one using the ASRock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi with Elyssa by chance?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?M ... SLIX3-WiFi

Comments on compatibility with Elyssa (Don't use Gloria or Felicia due to KDE 4 virus) for sound, LAN, eSATA etc...

Support of the MB RAID in JBOD mode would be a plus (Posts about the fake raid > /dev/null :x I don't wish to debate this point, I don't agree with it.)

The wifi module is cute, but not a big interested as I much prefer my boxes wired to the LAN, only wireless is netbook laptop. I don't even use the wireless mode of my HP C7280, I like my things wired.

Only plan to use a Nvidia video card (undecided, possibly a Gigabyte N95TOC1GI w/1GB 128bit GDDR2) with dual outputs to drive some dual monitors.

I only use Linux, Linux KMint Elyssa will be installed (I despise KDE4 :evil: :evil: )

For web, email, spreadsheets, word processing, programming for web sites via Netbeans, Kate, Kftpgrabber, KRDC, etc..

Probably start with 4GB RAM, and 1TB SATA drives, and some sort of dual core processor not sure there, but what ever newegg lets me pick up close to ~+/- $100 in a retail package with a fan.

Any comments on the Linux compat. of this MB?

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
emorrp1

Re: [Elyssa KDE 3.5.x Only] - ASRock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi

Post by emorrp1 »

Well, I personally haven't used it, but I can say for certain that Nvidia has some of the best linux graphics support available, so you're probably ok, and if you've already done it, how did it go?
rec9140

Post by rec9140 »

emorrp1 wrote:Well, I personally haven't used it, but I can say for certain that Nvidia has some of the best linux graphics support available, so you're probably ok, and if you've already done it, how did it go?
Graphics wise I was not worried, as I only choose NVidia, who is committed to supporting their products in Linux, not we'll support for a while till were bored, like ATI (AMD you should have bought NVidia!)

The only problem is that audio is static, echo, and choppy under Elyssa, as a test I tired glorida, which works fine. :evil:

I don't use KDE 4 so thats not a solution.
rec9140

Post by rec9140 »

Any one looking to use this boards internal/on board audio will REQUIRE your distro to have the 1.0.18 OR LATER ALSA-BASE installed.

The intel-hda which is alsu used by nvidia-hda driver that this included in earlier versions will not work for useable audio. It will be scractchy, echo, and choppy.

See:

See the ALSA upgrade thread here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1046137

http://www.linuxant.com/alsa-driver/

Return to “Software & Applications”