Trying Mint and need some help

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
facade47

Post by facade47 »

When it shows the splash screen for Linux Mint, hit F6 and a text box called Boot Options should appear, and you type in acpi=off at the end :)

Not sure if it helps, but people always say to burn operating system CDs at low burn speed (e.g. 2x)... again, I'm not sure if that will help =P
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

At the initial boot screen go to the boot options (F6 key) and at the prompt type:
linux acpi=off

and off you go

:D
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
Husse

Post by Husse »

I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to delete the "quiet - splash" you see and then add whatever you need to add. Just adding at the end of the line may not take effect

Return to “Beginner Questions”