Unable to change Open Office splash screen..[SOLVED]

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vijay

Unable to change Open Office splash screen..[SOLVED]

Post by vijay »

Hi,
I changed the openoffice splash screen by replacing the openintro_sun_ubuntu.bmp file in the /usr/lib/openoffice/program/ directory as root, but when I restarted my system, the original splash screen came up. Can anyone help me resolve this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Unable to change Open Office splash screen..

Post by DrHu »

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=617478
I would try it again, something went wrong..

Replacing the *.bmp splash screen as long as it is the same size or smaller would be fine
--the question is: how did you replace that file; use the same name as the original file, the application expects that name

Probably the safest method is to cp (copy) and delete the original
mv (move) is the command line that does that mv oldname to newname
--the insert (copy) your screen image to the location you list
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/openintro_ubuntu_sun.bmp
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

This is one of the things Mint changes in order to be more robust to updates, so in this case DrHu's advice won't work. You need to edit the /etc/linuxmint/mintSystem.conf file as root, and change True to False in the line with splash-screens in it to disable the auto restore. Here's a command that will do it for you:

Code: Select all

sudo sed -i '/splash-screens/s/True/False/' /etc/linuxmint/mintSystem.conf
vijay

Post by vijay »

emorrp1 wrote:This is one of the things Mint changes in order to be more robust to updates, so in this case DrHu's advice won't work. You need to edit the /etc/linuxmint/mintSystem.conf file as root, and change True to False in the line with splash-screens in it to disable the auto restore. Here's a command that will do it for you:

Code: Select all

sudo sed -i '/splash-screens/s/True/False/' /etc/linuxmint/mintSystem.conf

Thank you, it worked perfectly well.
shylajohn

Re: Unable to change Open Office splash screen..[SOLVED]

Post by shylajohn »

The safest method is to copy and delete the original move is the command line that does that my old name to new name the insert your screen image to the location you list.

Return to “Your Artwork”