I am a idiot !!!!!

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scottjge
Level 4
Level 4

I am a idiot !!!!!

Post by scottjge »

I must be an idiot. For some unknown reason I deleted the blue bar that goes across the bottom of the window with out thinking before I clicked and now I am in a bind. How do I get it back so that I can use the graphic interface. I can not get to anything. I have tried re-installing the desktop but it didn't bring it back. Any help or advise would be appreciated. I have mint 7 and have been using the Gnome desktop but tonight I installed the KDE and everything was going smooth until I deleted the panel at the bottom.

Any suggestions or remedies?

Thanks,
Glenn
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smsmith

Re: I am a idiot !!!!!

Post by smsmith »

Step 1 - breathe. :D

Step 2 -
Right click your desktop. Choose Unlock Widgets. Then, right click the desktop and choose Add Panel.

Step 3 -
When that new panel shows up (it could be anywhere), right click it and choose Panel Options. That's where you can customize the panel (add widgets, make it bigger, etc, etc).
scottjge
Level 4
Level 4

Post by scottjge »

Oh WoW ! Thank you so much, I got everything back now all I have to do is get it back down to the bottom of the screen.

Thank you so much,
Glenn
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

You're welcome.

I haven't tried moving the panel yet because I prefer it at the bottom of the screen. It might be in the "more settings" section of the panel options.

Return to “Software & Applications”