Big trouble with video on web browsers

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eldona

Big trouble with video on web browsers

Post by eldona »

I'm using LM7 XFCE. When I play a video from Youtube or any other similar web it runs well while I'm on the small window but when I pass to fullscreen the video runs slow, looses synchronization, jams and even gets stopped... Just moving the mouse around get it worse and if I try to pause the video or exit fullscreen the controls doesn't work... but if I finnally get back to the small screen the video runs well again...
I've tested all suggestions I found on the forums about install/uninstall flash-non-free and adobe-flash but it made no difference. The next points are important:

+ It happened the same in Mint Gnome (that´s why I changed to XFCE)
+ It happens the same in any browser, Firefox, Opera and Epiphany
+ It doesn't happen in other linux distros I've been testing before
+ It doesn´t happen in Windows XP even if I'm running other software at the same time (Antivirus, Emule, Video converters, other internet windows... all together)
+ I've tried the last Fedora release and it happens too... (anything in common with Mint?)

Please help me cause I'm desperate
(as you can see I'm not an english speaker so I'll appreciate if you use a basic language..)

AMD Sempron 1,8 ghz 768 RAM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Big trouble with video on web browsers

Post by lagagnon »

Open a terminal and show us the output of "inxi -G"
eldona

Post by eldona »

lagagnon wrote:Open a terminal and show us the output of "inxi -G"
I won't get back home til this afternoon, please keep in touch. Thank you
eldona

Post by eldona »

lagagnon wrote:Open a terminal and show us the output of "inxi -G"
This is the result of "inxi-G"

Graphics: Card Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 661/741/760 PCI/AGP or 662/761Gx PCIE VGA Display Adapter X.Org 1.6.0 Res 1280x1024@60.0hz
GLX Renderer Software Rasterizer GLX Version Yes

...?
pneumapilot

Post by pneumapilot »

I've noticed that a full-screen flash video will drop back to the small version when you change the volume. I've often wondered if the new notifications added with 9.04 were the problem. Maybe they also affect the playback. I, too, have had some slowdowns and loss of proper sync occasionally.
eldona

Post by eldona »

pneumapilot wrote:I've noticed that a full-screen flash video will drop back to the small version when you change the volume. I've often wondered if the new notifications added with 9.04 were the problem. Maybe they also affect the playback. I, too, have had some slowdowns and loss of proper sync occasionally.
So... Could it be a problem with Ubuntu 9.04?
Is LinuxMint 7 based on that release?
I had the same problem in the last Fedora release, what is the relation among Ubuntu and Fedora?
dequire

Post by dequire »

It seems to be a common issue with Adobe full-screen and Ubuntu. And yes, Mint is based on Ubuntu. Firefox 3.5 might help a little, but for me it hasn't. If you Google the issue, many threads seem to point at sound as being the problem (i.e. Pulseaudio and ALSA). Not sure if this is right or not, but it is an issue.
eldona

Post by eldona »

I must apologize... I'm afraid I was wrong... I thought I had tested web videos in full screen in the rest of linux distros I mentioned but I think I missed it. I've just tested several live cd's of linux and the problem is always there... so I only can say it works on windows xp but not in linux... I'm sorry.
What happens then? Is not my graphic card supported by linux?
plutus

Post by plutus »

same problem...here is my output

Graphics: Card Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller X.Org 1.6.0 Res 1680x1050@60.0hz

Return to “Software & Applications”