Help me stop missing Windows Media Player. Please.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kate

Help me stop missing Windows Media Player. Please.

Post by kate »

There are so many media players. I want one that will let me see which songs I've just imported or organize by date/time imported.
I want to check tags on new stuff as I bring it in.
Suggestions?
Thanks!

PS I would also like to be able to assign ratings to songs but it is sort of a pipe dream to have everything in one app.

PPS Ew. I seem to be lamenting Windows Media Player somewhat. How embarrassing. Help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RedWagon

Re: Help me stop missing Windows Media Player. Please.

Post by RedWagon »

Have you tried Songbird? I've never looked for the features you're asking for, but it's pretty powerful and has lots of addons.
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

Songbird is a good suggestion. You might also want to give Banshee and Exhaile a try.
kate

Post by kate »

Just wanted to follow up to this that Songbird was a good suggestion!
I have two small issues with it: it doesn't support my hotkeys and it doesn't default come with a queue.
Other than that, it is fitting my needs. I like it much better than other things I've tried (Amarok, Exaile) although I have to say that Rythmbox is the best basic and I still use Banshee for ripping cds.

Return to “Software & Applications”