[SOLVED] Trouble with Ruby on Rails

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
safetycopy

[SOLVED] Trouble with Ruby on Rails

Post by safetycopy »

Hi All :)

I'm trying to get a Ruby on Rails environment set up by following http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... ruby+rails. I'm fine up to the part where I install Rails. The Rails gem seems to install OK, but when I do a Rails -v from the command line, I get bash: /usr/local/bin/rails: /usr/local/bin/ruby: bad interpreter: No such file or directory.

I'm brand-new to Linux, so I'm not really sure how to go about troubleshooting this and would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Dan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
safetycopy

Re: Trouble with Ruby on Rails

Post by safetycopy »

Still having trouble with this :(

I'm going to attempt to remove everything and try again from scratch. I'm not sure if there will be configuration and stuff left over, but I'm not sure what else to try.
Husse

Post by Husse »

bash: /usr/local/bin/rails: /usr/local/bin/ruby: bad interpreter: No such file or directory.
This surely indicates that something has gone haywire - the message means literally what it says and if the files that should have been installed is not there....
I can't help you with specific Ruby questions, not a language I've been using
safetycopy

Post by safetycopy »

Actually, you just beat me to posting...

I managed to get things sorted out last night. Seems I confused things with installing and uninstalling everything multiple times while trying to get set up. Different versions of Ruby from source and packages, etc, etc. I finally figured out how to completely remove everything and start from scratch and am now up and running like a good 'un.

Thanks for the reply though :)

Return to “Software & Applications”