Problems with webcam and flashplayer

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shayney

Problems with webcam and flashplayer

Post by shayney »

I am able to use my webcam perfectly fine in every app I've tried (amsn, kopete, gyachi, cheese etc) but when trying to use my cam in flash based websites it displays but the video is corrupt (which varies between coloured blocks, wavy lines etc. All unwatchable).
Examples of this are tinychat and stickam although it works fine with smotricams.

Any ideas what the problem could be or how to solve it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Problems with webcam and flashplayer

Post by lagagnon »

Maybe this? : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Webcam#Fixing Webcam issues while using Flash since Intrepid
shayney

Re: Problems with webcam and flashplayer

Post by shayney »

Thanks for the link but unfortunately it didn't help.
After changing the webcam mode to V4L1 in gstreamer properties, clicking on test left me with an even more unusable webcam.
I decided to give it a try on tinychat anyway but when selecting my cam it is still listed as V4L2 and was still corrupt.

It looks like this is something I'm going to have to give up hope with on linux (along with yoville).

Return to “Software & Applications”