remote pc access

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

remote pc access

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

I was wondering if there is a stable clear easy to use linux remote pc connection software so I can access my mother-in-laws mint computer to fix things if i can and when she needs some help?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
optimize me

Re: remote pc access

Post by optimize me »

vino/vinagre make a good client/server pair, assuming you're going from linux to linux.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Thank you but that is way beyond my understanding or ability to get setup.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
optimize me

Post by optimize me »

GrayWizardLinux wrote:Thank you but that is way beyond my understanding or ability to get setup.
Nah... it's a piece of cake. Once you have the firewall cleared for the hosts involved, there's nothing to it. It's really no different than using SSH to connect. I can help you to get it going..

Are you connecting Linux to Linux? Linux to Windows? Windows to Windows?
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

I am using linux to linux - but it won' be possible until she goes back home - Tn - NJ ---- and she knows zero of computers and also linux so I cannot get her end connected even if I get mine done. esp. if it is a task. and she speaks no English. so I am up a hill in this battle.

I will have to get back to you in about a week or 2 if possible. Thanks for the offer.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

GrayWizardLinux wrote:I am using linux to linux - but it won' be possible until she goes back home - Tn - NJ ---- and she knows zero of computers and also linux so I cannot get her end connected even if I get mine done.
http://www.cnet.com.au/laplink-everywhe ... 058142.htm
I cannot get her end connected even if I get mine done.
You could use a web service just to get a remote connection started...
--I assume she will provide any passwords you need, or you can give her one to use, then decide if you want to use the machine<-->machine connection without the middleman (WEB service)
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

I will have a look see. but cannot spend monthly money for what may be like a rare event at this time...

:-)
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!

Return to “Software & Applications”