TV OR VIDEO RECORDING

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frank392
Level 4
Level 4

TV OR VIDEO RECORDING

Post by frank392 »

HI I was wondering if there is a any software to capture video or TV from a ATI Tv wonder video card that works with mint?
if you know anything, or how to do it please let me know.
Thank you very much.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

Hi Frank
I use Kaffiene to capture tv, "Install Kaffeine, if not already installed
and dvb-utils, open Kaffeine, choose DVB/Source
Auto, if not supported, turn over rollover bar and
choose you transmitter,"

http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1951
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

HI I was wondering if there is a any software to capture video or TV from a ATI Tv wonder video card that works with mint?
For using my ATI TV Wonder VE card under Ubuntu (and Bianca) I've installed several programs: kdetv, which has a nice user interface. I like tvtime for its use of xmltv TV listings (e.g. from Zap2It in North America). And I use motv (a.k.a xawtv GUI) for recording TV shows on the fly. For motv I must use gamix to enable and control the TV tuner line-in for listening (after I used amixer to capture the audio Line input for recording).

Neither kdetv nor tvtime can record a TV program, thus I use motv for that purpose, though it's buggy. I once tried mythTV, which is a complete PVR system, but it had poor sound quality and was a resource hog on my 3 year-old PC.

I've also done TV viewing and recording using VLC, but a general purpose media player isn't optimized for easy channel changing and capture.

All of these are available via Synaptic download and install. I had to create/tweak the configuration file for each application. The software documentation is rather sketchy and scattered around the Web, but you might find ready-made config files for your locale.

Having a reliable TV application is one reason why Windows shares my Linux desktop. Whenever I need no-nonsense recording, I use ATI Multimedia Center or WinDVR software.

-----
frank392
Level 4
Level 4

Post by frank392 »

Hi thank you very much you two, for your for your Ideas.
Telic idea of using motv worked great, I try using Kaffiene, but did not work well.
Finally i'm able to kick window to hell :twisted:
:D I'm FREE !! :D
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Return to “Software & Applications”