"powered By Linux Mint"

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
TheTeZ

"powered By Linux Mint"

Post by TheTeZ »

So, i think ive decided to finally stick with linux mint as my Linux Distro, i really enjoy it, its a Great one. Its too bad i haven't seen any "powered by" stickers. So i want to get these made. now i wanted to do 3/4" x 1" but i cant find anywhere that will make stickers this small... i was thinking about printing these up.... but its not worth me paying 30X bucks to get a bunch made up when i need ... one or two... or even buying sticker paper to print ...2 up...

Would other people be interested in possibly buying one of these? ... you know ... like a buck.... that should cover shipping as well.

let me know what you think
lagagnon

Re: "powered By Linux Mint"

Post by lagagnon »

Nice work there TheTeZ. I would be interested. We can get them made relatively economically here, if we can generate a bit more interest:
http://www.case-badges.com/
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

Yes - very nice work and I'd take a couple.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
ibm450
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ibm450 »

ill send you a self posted envelope to your address if i can grab 4 of ya?
HP EILITE FOLIO 9470M i7-3667u x 4
GitHub: tolgaerok
Image Image
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

I like it, and have copied your original design to my computer. Thanks. (your little Powered by LinuxMint 'icon' sits in the lower corner of my desktop)

I know that products like Avery Labels, has small white self-adhesive labels you can buy on 8 1/2 x 11 sheets.
They have a template for your computer and printer included. You could print up a few sheets, in colour ... and sell them.

Also, the "stamped self-addressed" envelope is the way to go. So, that you need not worry about return postage/shipping and handling.

Or you could make a final design or more than one version of your original design, in a couple of different sizes and colour combinations, and post them to the LinuxMint Forums, so that people could download them and print it themselves ... or just add the design to their profile page or website.
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

Well thanks for the replys. i really wanna get one of these stickers made up for me, so ill be looking into getting them printed up one way or another. thanks for the suggestions.
i saw ubuntu does the stamped self addressed envelope thing, and i think its a great idea. I mean im not looking to make money, just .... sorta recoup my expenses since ill be spending money and using... 2 maybe 3...

i will deffinitally keep you updated on the status. Also any more suggestions and comments are welcome.
ibm450
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ibm450 »

TheTeZ wrote:Well thanks for the replys. i really wanna get one of these stickers made up for me, so ill be looking into getting them printed up one way or another. thanks for the suggestions.
i saw ubuntu does the stamped self addressed envelope thing, and i think its a great idea. I mean im not looking to make money, just .... sorta recoup my expenses since ill be spending money and using... 2 maybe 3...

i will deffinitally keep you updated on the status. Also any more suggestions and comments are welcome.

Is it possible to PM your postal address to me so i can send you a self stamped envelope?? :mrgreen:
Image Image
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

well it will be but first i need to get some made up. i may work on that today, see if i want to print them today....

im thinking about going an getting "photo stock" or "gloss" sticky back paper. and then printing some of my own. I gotta be REAL careful cutting them out. but ill let you guys know if it happens, and if so how it turns out. Than if i like how they came out, i will let people send me envelopes.

Ill keep you updated.
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

ok, so i went out and bought some sticker paper. its plain matte finish, couldent find the gloss stuff ANYWHERE! but i cuz out one of them and stuck it on the laptop near the other stickers... looks pretty good. Im happy.

In the future (near future) i would like to ..maybe order some gloss paper, or get some REAL nice ones made, from the site posted above, problem is either i charge 3 bucks a sticker now, or wait until i get a lot more interest.
These are just about the size and how they look
smallmint leaf.jpg
As you can see i also did an inverted color one. looks pretty good in my opinion.
purple mint leaf.jpg

so im thinkin about making a website, nice and easy to navigate... not much navigation required anyway. For Linux Mint Stickers.

pretty much ill load up my images, and do the whole: send self addressed stamped envelope to:
ill let other people put their stickers up, and they can send them out, or people can send me graphics of their stickers and i can load them up. I cant guarantee it will be free, but it will be extremely cheap. like a buck will get you 3 small stickers or something. its just ink costs money and i am a individual ,doing this just so that these stickers exist.

let me know what you think.

You can pm me to get my address to send a self addressed stamped envelope.
Remember these are printed on MATTE flat paper. they are stickers and ABOUT 1" x 1.33"

(at the moment i also have 2 stickers about 3.75" x 4.5ish..)
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

well, i have a sticker on my lappy. "Powered by: linux mint" a bud of mine was like "where did you get that" i go i made it. He replies "BULL SHTIFF" so, apperintally these little guys look good. he said it felt thick, and looked good. Maybe since i made it, i have a tinted view, i never thought they looked bad, just MAYBE not professional. well ... i guess you can pm me to get an address to send a self addressed stamped envelope and junk.
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

if you have received any of these stickers, let me know what you think.
ibm450
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ibm450 »

TheTeZ wrote:if you have received any of these stickers, let me know what you think.
-o0o-
  • nope, havnt seen mine yet, perth, western australia, sent envelope out about 3++ weeks ago
Image Image
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

I'd like a couple of those for my machines.
I'll PM you for details
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

ibm450 wrote:
TheTeZ wrote:if you have received any of these stickers, let me know what you think.
-o0o-
  • nope, havnt seen mine yet, perth, western australia, sent envelope out about 3++ weeks ago
Ouch, hopefully they will get to you soon.... it is oversees....
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Thank you providing these beautiful Mint Stickers! Most appreciative! :)
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

GrayWizardLinux wrote:Thank you providing these beautiful Mint Stickers! Most appreciative! :)
did you receive yours?
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

No _ i just sent in the info on Friday - but I appreciate all you have done to design and provide them to us.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

sorry, there were a few people who have asked/sent my envelopes, i dont remember whos who, especially witth actual names not user names... Well anyone whos sent me an envelope has had theirs sent back, so you all should be getting stickers soon.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Did you get my envelope? Just checking in? Thanks!
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

Everyone whos sent me an envelope has had it sent out already, except Norman, got his today, and its going out tomorrow.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”