[incomplete] What's whit that "return from suspend" crash??

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jl2035

[incomplete] What's whit that "return from suspend" crash??

Post by jl2035 »

Hey guys!

I'm sorry if this subject allredy exists, but I really don't feel like reading all this.

The machine: HP compaq 6715s (never gonnna buy hp again!)

So the problem is simple: When I close the lid of my laptop or just click Shut down->Suspend,
and than try to return from stand by, the machine hangs(crashes).

I allredy saw that on some other computer(running Ubuntu), so I think it's the core(Ubuntu)'s problem.

Any ideas?

By the way ... your green product is the best - high above everything else !

lp
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
David Hunter
Level 3
Level 3

Re: What's whit that "return from suspend" crash??

Post by David Hunter »

I'm running an IBM Thinkpad T42 (laptop), running LM7 (Main edition). I used to have that issue as well: after returning from standby the laptop would do a 'Windows' (jam), and I'd have to pull out the battery to reboot!

Haven't had that issue for some time now, though. It must have been resolved in an update. Is your system completely up to date?

(btw, I'm a noob, so if that doesn't work, that's the only solution that I can provide!)
Thanks beyecixramd!
Husse wrote:Actually I've never broken a Linux I have managed to install - but there are a few I never managed to install :)
jl2035

Post by jl2035 »

My system is up to date ...

By the way if you need to reboot, taking out the battery is not healthy... You can just press and hold "turn on" button for 5 seconds...
David Hunter
Level 3
Level 3

Post by David Hunter »

jl2035 wrote:By the way if you need to reboot, taking out the battery is not healthy... You can just press and hold "turn on" button for 5 seconds...
Yeah I know... but that didn't work for some reason. :roll:
Otherwise, I'm out of ideas... sorry.
Thanks beyecixramd!
Husse wrote:Actually I've never broken a Linux I have managed to install - but there are a few I never managed to install :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”