Disable audio devices I don't use

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MrMaster

Disable audio devices I don't use

Post by MrMaster »

Hi, I'm not sure if this belongs here or the Newbie Questions since I am a bit of a noob :lol:
I want to disable some audio devices because I don't use them.
This wasn't a problem originally, but I recently got 2 new monitors and Linux Mint keeps defaulting to them when I turn off my TV and not default back to the TV when I turn it back on. The monitors don't have speakers, so I want to disable them. I tried Pulse Audio Volume control to set the profile to off, but that didn't work or see the monitors. Another issue this has caused is sometimes when I turn my TV back on or wake my computer from sleep, the audio profile will still be in the settings, but I get no sound at all and restarting the audio service does not help. The only solution is to restart the entire system, which is inconvenient when I'm working and need to watch a video with sound. I have looked online but nothing has fixed my issue. I have also restored the system using timeshift which backs up the system once a week.

If this helps, I use an Nvidia GTX 1060 and the TV and monitors are connected to it.

Please go easy on me because I'm a noob :lol:
Attachments
Audio Devices
Audio Devices
Pulse Audio
Pulse Audio
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Sound”