ATI HD4670 PCIe driver

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
junkieweb

ATI HD4670 PCIe driver

Post by junkieweb »

Hi,

I just installed linuxmint 7 and after first boot an alarm poped-in the task bar ... that my ATI graphics is not active ... when I pressed to activated a downloading process started and the driver is downloaded ... then I restarted ... the system boots but the screen is black and no messege but one "OUT Of RANGE" ... So, I reinstalled mint again ... and I need help how to make my drivers to work fine & stable ... :oops:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rippedcb

Re: ATI HD4670 PCIe driver

Post by rippedcb »

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/l ... ng=English

thats the driver you need..
there are instructions there on how to install the driver..
CB
junkieweb

Post by junkieweb »

Well, I have downloaded the file ... NOW, how to install ... Step by step please cuz I am a very newbie in linux ... :)
Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alpha-Geek »

On the page you downloaded the driver from, they have a link to "Installer Instructions" It's a step by step procedure.
junkieweb

Post by junkieweb »

I followed the instructions ... but, stopped from the beginning ... :( HOW 2 navigate for the file in the terminal ... ???
junkieweb

Post by junkieweb »

OK,

NOW ... I know how to navigate for the desktop using terminal ... then I ran the installer with code they gave" in the manual " .....

Then I restarted my computer ... then the system boots but the monitor is black an says OUT OF RANGE ... how to fix ... :)
JerichoKru

Post by JerichoKru »

My guess is that xorg isn't configured properly.

can you post your /etc/X11/xorg.conf here?
Cyborgmuppet

Post by Cyborgmuppet »

This might help you get it to work:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=33924
junkieweb

Post by junkieweb »

Well,

After re-installing the system ... re-installing the driver ... and made the xfix after the screen gon black after first boot ... I finally could login with only :

12xx by 7xx ... and not 1440x900, besides the effects started to work ... and the system is yet not stable ... it freezes and continues ...

... How to use this command /etc/X11/xorg.conf
JerichoKru

Post by JerichoKru »

junkieweb wrote:Well,

After re-installing the system ... re-installing the driver ... and made the xfix after the screen gon black after first boot ... I finally could login with only :

12xx by 7xx ... and not 1440x900, besides the effects started to work ... and the system is yet not stable ... it freezes and continues ...

... How to use this command /etc/X11/xorg.conf
well, if you want to see (not modify), them open the "terminal" and type or paste this in:

Code: Select all

gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
if you want to actually edit the file:

Code: Select all

sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
you will be prompted to enter your password (it doesn't show on screen)

Just copy/paste the contents of it here (use code tags)

EDIT
You can try these install instructions, they have always worked for me. (manual install of ATi's drivers from the ATi site anyway)

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu ... tion_Guide

Return to “Hardware Support”