Canon Pixma MP 145 [Partially Solved]

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fwc

Canon Pixma MP 145 [Partially Solved]

Post by fwc »

Hello,
I recently purchased a Canon Pixma MP 145 (an Asian version of the Pixma MP 140) with a scanner, printer and copier. It is a very nice piece of hardware but I am having trouble getting the printer to work. The scanner and copier work fine, but when I got to print a document, I get an error called error 32. It asks me if I wish to trouble-shoot the printer and if you agree the following error is revealed (attachment). Then it asks if I wish to debug CUPS with a warning about restarting it, but after agreeing nothing seems to happen. If anyone can help, please reply.

(The printer is the Pixma 145, but on the Canon website they guide you to the Pixma 140 drivers when you select the 145.)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fwc

Re: Canon Pixma MP 145 [Solved]

Post by fwc »

If someone can help solve the Linux problem, please do, but I found a work around. I was able to print by installing the Windows drivers that came on the CD in a Windows XP VirtualBox image and it worked. Pretty awesome but not completely satisfactory.
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Canon Pixma MP 145 [Partially Solved]

Post by slider »

fwc

Open Printing Database lists your printer as " works Partially" with Linux. here

It also says "Tested on OpenSuse 10.3, works great with Canon Pixma 150 driver." Keep in mind that "packages and the data on this page is not verified or proofread", their words.

Im sure that you have tried at least one of these, but maybe not all: here

Heres a direct link to a .deb from this site: here
File information:

* File name : cnijfilter-common_2.80-1_i386.deb
* File version : 2.80
* File size : 41KB

Im sorry, but I didnt have enough time ATM to research the "error 32".

I hope this helps some.

Return to “Hardware Support”