New releases, various distributions.

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bazzaah

Re: New releases, various distributions.

Post by Bazzaah »

Mandriva's RC1 for 2010 is very good - the 64 bit version it can be a bit buggy so it feels more like a beta, but it's a very solid distro.

OpenSuse is very good and I run a web server on 11.1 Gnome which has been up for weeks and weeks now, so it's pretty soldi and stable.
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

Weirdly enough, I've been using Kubuntu 9.10 beta for the last week, and after the last round of updates I am really enjoying it.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Weirdly enough, I've been using Kubuntu 9.10 beta for the last week, and after the last round of updates I am really enjoying it.
KDE really is getting good! I still can't boot up anything buntu yet, hopefully they will get things sorted out soon for Intel users. In the meantime I am enjoying OpenSuse 11.2 milestone 8 KDE. :D

Edit: I looked at Parsix today, it ran nice but I couldn't handle the default look. I have to admit though, it ran well and there was no sign of any problems with my graphics card. Full screen flash worked perfectly and Iceweasel 3.5.2 worked extremely good. Parsix had an interesting set of default applications and there were practically no bugs reported for the release candidate. I did not notice any bugs when I was checking out Parsix, they did a heck of a nice job on quality.
nitehawk

Post by nitehawk »

I ran Parsix sometime ago, and really liked it. With my little dialup, can't do any downloading,...so have to wait until the CD comes out. It's a high-quality Debian-Testing-Based distro all right. The only problem that I have with it,..is the forum. The devs are extremely helpful and friendly,....but there is almost NO other activity going on there (you can almost hear the crickets, and watch the tumbleweeds blowing by). :lol:

EDIT: I just re-installed Dreamlinux 3.5 on another P3,...I find I actually like it quite well. Must be that good ol' "Debian-touch". It goes very well on that old computer,...think I'll leave it there. (It's not bad at all).

Return to “Chat about Linux”