Anybody know how to use Weplab?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Locrian
Level 2
Level 2

Anybody know how to use Weplab?

Post by Locrian »

Does anybody know or has successfully used Weplab? i need some help setting up my wireless card to work with it and if possible some help using it sense im a noob at wireless networking and want to expand my knowledge.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Anybody know how to use Weplab?

Post by DrHu »

Anybody using wireless who uses wep (or none: open connection), instead of wpa2 is asking to get hacked
--since wireless is a radio (transmission), any antenna than can monitor it can possibly crack it, wep (easy), wpa2 (a little more involved)

Nope but its function is to crack wireless connections..
  • What is WepLab?
    WepLab is a tool designed to teach how WEP works, what different vulnerabilities it has, and how they can be used in practice to break a WEP protected wireless network.
Not all wireless cards will operate in monitor mode
--it depends on the wireless driver used by the card..

http://weplab.sourceforge.net/

Code: Select all

It is very important to configure a wireless interface in monitor mode and in the same channel where the WEP enabled wireless network is. Example: weplab -i wlan0 -c file.cap
Analyze 802.11 captured traffic file: weplab -a file.cap
Crack 802.11 captured traffic file with a brute-force attack: weplab -b file.cap
Crack 802.11 captured traffic file with a dictionary attack: cat dictionary | weplab -y file.cap
Is very useful to join the variability of john the ripper creating different candidate passwords in this kind of attack, for example: john -i -stdout | weplab -y file.cap
Crack 802.11 captured traffic file with a statistical attack (FMS, KoreK attacks): weplab -r file.cap
Locrian
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Anybody know how to use Weplab?

Post by Locrian »

yeah i read this however im stuck way at the begining in the whole setting up my wireless card into monitor...........

Return to “Software & Applications”