"...just compiled Chromium, and it rocks"

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dequire

"...just compiled Chromium, and it rocks"

Post by dequire »

Since many people have various performance issues with Firefox in Linux, I thought this post was timely.

http://blog.jasondonenfeld.com/220

The graph was revealing. Many on the board here, including me, have noticed that Google Chrome runs much faster than Firefox. Chromium or Chrome might be the way to go for some people. However like the author, I can not switch completely until I can get some extensions (like Xmarks and a good KDE Oxygen-type theme) in Chromium.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kaye

Re: "...just compiled Chromium, and it rocks"

Post by Kaye »

You shouldn't really need to compile it any more though. There's a fully functioning PPA version through Google that updates about twice a week, getting better every time.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

I find Opera 10 is also running faster than Firefox, and that's without turbo mode or using Speed Dial for web pages
http://lifehacker.com/5352195/browser-s ... hallengers
mcash454

Post by mcash454 »

I have also noticed that Chrome tends to be faster than Firefox, even WITH ad-blocker plus preventing the loading of all the advertisements. Somehow, I still prefer to avoid all the ads. Eventually if the speed difference was great enough I would give in and jump on Chrome, but it's nowhere near that point for me yet.

When is there going to be an Ad-Blocker Plus for Chrome??? Somehow I doubt this will happen, given how much Google makes from internet advertising.

........*google search*..........

OK, I may stand corrected. :oops: Here is a link for blocking ads in Chrome. I'll hafta test this out.

Return to “Software & Applications”