Very Slow Computers.. with a fresh install..?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dragonspirit

Very Slow Computers.. with a fresh install..?

Post by Dragonspirit »

I found the "doubleclick cookie" in my PC's OS, after I searched for what was slowing down this fresh Ubuntu install by about 60%... I blocked that "doubleclick cookie" with SeaMonkey's cookies manager, and the OS was back to its fast normal speed... Maybe Ubuntu should add something to the image CD download that automatically blocks that darn super-trojan cookie... It should be illegal to slow down the world's computers that way, any way, "just for profit"...

I read a lot about OS's being too slow... I bet its caused mostly by the "doubleclick cookie", and what it's doing in an OS...
I recall back in the days of Windows, before Windows and microslop went extinct, how that overly-aggressive "doubleclick cookie" caused all kinds of problems in a Windows OS...

I suspect that the "doubleclick cookie" does more than just report on your Interneting habits.. I thinks it hangs up the computer a lot in its persistent searching for a lot of processes your hd is doing... I found that cookie slowed this latest Ubuntu OS down by nearly 2/3rds... It's probably a "super-cookie", a "super-trojan"..? I'm bets it persistently searches for all advertising in your hd's OS... I wonders if the doubleclick HQ has private data on just about every Internet connected PC... I wonders if they are the ones who is selling our private data to criminal-scums..?

Is there a way to add hundred-mb pix-files, of something nasty, to what their cookie is stealing from my hd..?
Is there a way to dish-out hundreds of megs of useless data to those who hack another's hd..? Like, could I have my OS send them the worst chunk of stuff on the planet whenever them grillas half-hack into my hd's OS via their spyware cookies..? Could I send their PC a copy of the world's sickest book..?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Very Slow Computers.. with a fresh install..?

Post by DrHu »

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/privacy
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/04 ... ck_cookie/
http://www.internetnews.com/security/ar ... y+Dead.htm
--just blocking it is good enough
  • Clear all history
    --or don't save any history, web searches
    --in Firefox tweak the awesome bar to eliminate bookmark, url tracking
  • Delete all private data
  • Add the customize google addon in firefox to eliminate click tracking.
  • Make the hyperlinks (normal and visted) the same color
    --to eliminate link tracking
  • Run Bleachbit to flush any extra data
Might or might not be a good idea, but you can also use an /etc/hosts file to point those sites to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) to prevent transmission of data
  • /etc/hosts file..
    127.0.0.1 google
    127.0.0.1 doubleclick
--or the specific sites in questions, the hosts file could get larger and there are some pre-made blacklists available for that purpose.
Dragonspirit

Post by Dragonspirit »

I wants to default-set a gig of junk in the files the robbers target to steal data from my PC's OS, to give them exactly what they deserve...

Which files do I clutter-up with junk, and insults, so that's what they'll get when they mess in my computer covertly..?

Is there a way to have two computers connected together, and running in tandem, so that the first computer is as a "buffer computer", which takes, and traps, and slams, all the criminal-flack my IP gets, while the second computer is the one I'm using for my social interneting purposes..?
I think there should be a "special little security-box" between the computer and the Internet, which does more than what a router does.. which does everything needed to maintain high levels of security, FW, AVS, Router, attacks-logger, a screen full of warning popups, and a huge gig of junk redirector to the attacker's hd, so none of hell's crap ever touches my primary hd, and so they'll wish they never heard of my IP and me...

Is there a way to send the snoop's PC's a nasty one-gigabyte-file full of highly-active self-locking, Internet-selfconnecting random-loops..?
Really what I'd like to have, is a package that they can steal, that gets into their hd, and makes it run at twice its normal speed, to make their hd smoke a little... I'm growing bored of forever being forced to attack those who attack me.. and I don't wants to wear out my cutie little cosmic sword, now do I... It's sad that this human race is so full of parasite-class/toilet-class humans chewing on humanity like it's a way of life... And it's all just about scamming the Innocent and the Poor, to suck money, Money, MONEY...

We need some well-written packages that surely defend us from the assholes, so we can stand-up for ourselves, so the Internet doesn't create a federal Internet policing system, which we would likely be forced, by democracy's armies, to pay per email, so those mindless hungry tyrant-politician grillas can pad their useless lives and pathetic "elitist" families, to have their frivolous carefree careless wasteful luxuries and fun at the expense of our quality of life, and our live's essences and bloods...

Really there should be two internets... This one, with all the crime and insanity removed.. by eliminating all political and religious and criminal sewage from this Internet... And create a new Internet that doesn't work with today's computers.. one that requires a brand new computer OS, totally inaccessible by Apple, Windows, and Linux, OS's... A War Internet, called "FEAR"... an Internet that all the world's parasites and nutcases and nipple-biters, can have all their wars on, and do all their bullying on... I have seven themes for seven of Fear's cyber-weapons... I'm sure "Storm e-virus" would be a good weapon in Fear... You enter-Fear at your own risk, to make war on demons and various other crazy humans...

Make this present Internet totally inaccessible to them.. and should an IP of the nutcases ever do bad in this meek kind loving gentle-peoples Internet, for the Innocent, there are laws and enforcements that track them down, and immediately confiscate ALL of the bully's electronics from their home and businesses, and grind it up in front of their home, in a portable tree chopper.. leaving them the pile of groundup electronics in the middle of their front lawn, and give them an old Apple-2 with brown screen, in a penitentiary-cage, with a thousand 5-inch floppies, and no phone nor cable connection, for a whole year, whilst they are fed ripe-apples, cold salty stale porridge with mildewy brown-sugar or fermented honey, and peanut butter&strawberry-jam sandwiches, cold tea without sugar, and lots of warm water slightly spiced with drops of beer and whiskey, and lettuce-cigarettes with zero nicotine present... That! Or chop-off their heads with a dull-guillotine, in a public arena or square, and grind them into fertilizer and fish food... I'm sure that the Edit by the Moderators, Keep it clean-realm's survivors would eventually get the Message in a couple-years, and things would quiet down a lot... Just give the grillas their reason to respect humanity.. or give 'em their reasons and ways to die...

Me thinks that pretty-much says it like it need be said... Do ya think?.. Or did I come across just a wee bit too strong..?
markfiend

Post by markfiend »

I like your style Dragonspirit but it would chew the hell out of your own bandwidth. Just block doubleclick (and others) like DrHu recommends, so they don't get any data off you.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Dragonspirit wrote:Is there a way to send the snoop's PC's a nasty one-gigabyte-file full of highly-active self-locking, Internet-selfconnecting random-loops..?
http://taz.net.au/block/
http://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/

The generic method would be
  • Detect
    Respond
    --block
    --redirect
--you could consider redirecting their web click to a advocacy group against intrusive web advertising or hidden data collection; Of course Google now owning double-click is already heavily into this collection of data regime to add to all the of the data they now have, and further manage user demographics for the advantage of business or advertising: to Google that means Revenue..

If you used something like squid as a transparent proxy for your Internet connections, you might be able to either block or redirect those web advertisers
Squid can also improve your browsing by caching web activity, searching visited pages etc
--which you control.

The web hyper-links using the same color trick for visited and normal links is to help prevent link tracking

Just remember that many sites actually want those clicks including some Linux organizations
Dragonspirit

Post by Dragonspirit »

markfiend wrote:I like your style Dragonspirit but it would chew the hell out of your own bandwidth. Just block doubleclick (and others) like DrHu recommends, so they don't get any data off you.

If it goes to advocacy groups, it would be a big push to "paying per email"...
If they don't stop gathering data illegally, soon we'll all be "paying per email" to enforce an Internet Policing Force... Smarten-up Google!.. You should know better... HeY! Google.. if your demon pushes the Internet into "pay per email", your profit level will probably fall by 60%.. How much is that in dollars..?

I'm sure there are those who snoop in my hd almost daily with the ease of an infant suckling warm formula from a bottle, given that I've been using the Internet for about 10-years to try to get me a lab funded so I can build some of these 300-technologies I have, from the 1400 I saw in the "collective-unconscious of the Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti Collective", while that little super-species primate-lass had me paralyzed, and was scanning my memories, with the prowess of a fully developed sorcery master... They are; rather were, our intended replacement, but we've killed their planet... America, Russia, and China probably desperately want these technologies to make ultra high-tech people killing devices to push their world domination projects ahead a couple millennium... None of their scientists have a single-clue about any of these 300 untapped technologies.. If they try to force them out of me, they know I'll simply dump the whole package to the winds in a newyorksecond, as in "Poof!" gone!.. and the rate humanity is devolving, there is absolutely no-way that anyone will ever acquire any of these new sciences, Ever... I got them for love, by love, from love, with love of all life... They expect they can steal them with evil for evil... Their incessant attempts is just all "a silly little joke"...

When I was running Windows OS's, my security logs were active and full as it gets... Hack-attackers had to cue, and take their turns, getting into my hd... It was as if there was a huge storm of hacker activity attacking my PC's daily, every second some-times, for a decade... I'm bet's that the best of the best reads what's in my hd on a daily basis... They probably get twisted wet rushes from it.. or at least they probably did, till they eventually realized that I never put any sorcery data, nor any new science data, in any of my Net connected hd's... When they get into my hd's all they ever get are my princess-posts of me complaining about the system doing evil, and various flame wars, my favorite hobby these days.. because I always win when mindless monkeys try to pit their instincts against intellect...

Blocking doubleclick is easy, but I shouldn't need-to... What about the thousands of innocent Ubuntu users who don't know why their machines are running so slow after they've surfed the Net a while, and their OS has caught those bugs..? Many don't know a thing about how spywares slow-down a computer, nor even that they do.. I bet at least 70% of the world's computers have that doubleclick-pest in their hd's..? If it slows down millions of computers then it's wasting electricity and people's time, all around the world... I bet it adds up to millions of dollars loss per day, every day... Maybe the whole human race should do a class action lawsuit against doubleclick, and get them erased from humanity...
At least include an active doubleclick-blocker in the Ubuntu Image CD download...

Re: " it would chew the hell out of your own bandwidth."

I'm sure.. but it wouldn't affect my computering and interneting in the slightest... Before I leave the computer for several hours, to go out and work, I would switch hd's to the ugly one, with the browser up, and just leave it running connected while I'm out and about.. Then when the grillas infiltrate my computer, all hell breaks loose for them, in the form of a pile of crap coming from my files to their hd's.. ugly pix.. a copy of the bible in pig latin or chinese, or both.. dale carnagie's "how to make friends and influence people".. and especially the 1920's housewives manual of etiquette... Me thinks if I looked at the first page of that book today, I'd probably lose my cookies right off.. My grannie on my pop's side lived by that insane book.. She had the spirit of an 3-legged grumpy sewer rat, at best... The hackers should get a copy of it too...
How can I make it so the Intel hack-monkeys who get into my machine can't stop the downloads without pulling the plug..? I wish I had Storm too, in an isolated file, so I could give them that too... That one totally destroys a Windows OS in a second, 100%.. It's the meanest bug out there... It probably was designed by ole Lord Satan his-self..?
Plus I'd like to hit them with a few of these Fear Weapons I've designed... but I can't even begin detailing them here, or someone Would build it for this internet, then all hell would break loose for everyone...
I'll release them only to a new internet and OS.. to a War internet called "Fear".. or I won't...

And as far as "bandwidth" goes.. I don't much care about bandwidth anyways.. I use the Internet about a couple hours per day, just for posting my complaints about the crazy system.. and for pix for my little photo-editing hobby.. and to process mp3 tunes.. and for the odd bit of reference research, as a global library..
I'm weaning myself off the Internet.. it doesn't do much of anything for me, but cause me grief, and get me into the odd fun flame war.. but lately even the flame wars are boring... I'm thinking maybe I could have a little fun molesting that flurry of mindless government Intel hackers, for a change.. make 'em squirm in their own muck & slime under their damp-rocks, for a pleasant change...

Last night some evil little Intel remoters woke us both up at 4: AM... they are gonna be bigtime sorry should those mind-burglars return tonight...
They just won't give up trying to rob science from me... They must know by now, that love cannot be processed by evil... I tag them for big bad karma's... They must be feeling it..? It's permanent for them... They probably don't even believe in Sorcery..? I bet they believe that prayer-poetry and tight-tummy pretending, is "all-mighty"..? They got "god" stamped on every coin and bill...

It's weird! I offered the World all these technologies for free, if they could learn to be love, but they would rather try to steal theses technologies than learn love..? Probably it's because they don't know love in the slightest, and fear love, and don't care about anything but money and glory...
Linux is based upon love.. that's probably why they don't like Linux... To evil, love is frightening and dangerous... To evil, love is the evil.. is why we needs another internet, "Fear"... If doubleclick won't go away, then maybe China should build their own Internet, "ChiNet", and be the Internet for that half of the world, and cut the Americans right out of that part of the world, so America's world-domination bid will crumble into dust and rust and gucky, so America's evil will choke itself.. so we can get America's insane policies the hell out of our lives, once and for all time... if China established their own Internet, Google would probably be kicked out of China, and that part of the world's economy if Google maintained doubleclick in that part of the world...
If humanity is survive itself, it had best slow-down on bullying humanity, and slow-down on draining the essence out of humanity...

Now I've got some bully on my tail, getting into the bios, making a boot-up not see an OS... Twice yesterday.. Once today... Is it Amero-Intel.. Or Google.. Or someone from the Ubuntu forum with the hots for me..?
Is there any security Linux package that super-secures the bios..? Is there a way to create a fake bios..? Do any firewalls make a fake cyber-bios..? What would I need to do to make a copy of the bios, and have it facade the actual bios..? (I didn't know "facade" was a verb..) Maybe true security is to create a fake OS and Bios, and maintain that in front of the actual OS..? hell, we've got gigs and gigs of spare hd.. why not create three fake OS's in front of the actual OS..? Let the real-demons attack the fake-fake-fake OS's...

Return to “Beginner Questions”