The Microsoft "Community"

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

The Microsoft "Community"

Post by clem »

It turns out Microsoft too have a community of volunteers and as you can see (read below) the company likes to maintain a really "close" relationship with them:

http://www.theregister.com/2007/06/05/m ... p_threats/
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
civint
Level 3
Level 3

Post by civint »

But MS doesn't want you supporting Visual Studio Express with your add-ons
re-insert *supporting visual studio express* and replace with *improving the functionality and useability of MS apps*

It just looks like another case of bullying from MS, who won't make a few pennies from the sale of a program that savvy (or cheap) users will download for free from pirtaebay or something.

I understand the MS not liking people making cracks to make their cheapy cheerful versions of software free, but stopping a man who is incorporating extended functionality (from his own code, and open(free) APIs) just seems like a bit of overkill.
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

Clem, I think we should invite him over to Mint, where his Developer skills will be mucho appreciated by the Open Source Community. :lol:
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Disconcerting. MS is digging its tomb with such behaviour.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

900i wrote:Clem, I think we should invite him over to Mint, where his Developer skills will be mucho appreciated by the Open Source Community. :lol:
He's probably moved to some other operating system already, after Microsoft gently invited him to get lost...

Clem
Benny
Level 1
Level 1

Never

Post by Benny »

I will never use a distro how makes deals whit microsoft :!:
It's all bad for Linux :evil:

Return to “Open Chat”