Slow to Respond Volume and Brightness Controls

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dean

Re: Slow to Respond Volume and Brightness Controls

Post by Dean »

what are your computer specs? and do you have any proprietary drivers install?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rippedcb

Re: Slow to Respond Volume and Brightness Controls

Post by rippedcb »

REEDandRAYact wrote:I am running Mint 7 on my Samsung N120. I'm liking it alot as it's my first time using Linux, but I've noticed that the brightness and volume controls are incredibly unresponsive. They are not snappy at all and when I'm trying to control brightness it will sometimes jump all over the place before it goes to the setting I want. The volume is somewhat more responsive but sometimes that will continue to act like I'm telling it to get louder/softer long after I have stopped hitting buttons or dragging the control toggle. Also the volume is a little bit soft and you can barely hear anything when it is at half volume. Does anybody know why this is or how I can fix it?

edit: also when scrolling pages will sometimes scroll up and down wildly even after I have taken my finger off the trackpad
I'm running mint 7 64bit on my samsung r522. I don't have any problems with volume buttons (you know u have to hold the *function button right) but i did have problems with brightness keys. when running on battery the brightness was very low and it was actually hard to see the screen. what i did to fix that was to go into the bio's and change the settings of brightness to user controlled and not automatic (i don't remember the exact wording but u'll see it in the bio's) and then go into linux mint control center -> Power Management -> battery power -> uncheck "reduce backlight brightness"

sorry can't help you with ur volume problem..

Return to “Beginner Questions”