Strange sound problem

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DrHu

Re: Strange sound problem

Post by DrHu »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Its a sound issue, I wouldn't be able to provide an exact match as typed
  • My sound works 25% of the time
  • My sound works 50% of the time
  • My sound works 0% of the time
    --that is no sound at all
  • My sound works only intermittently
    --it cuts on and off
Q. What sound, where (speakers/headphones)
Q. Only with some applications or as a general OS problem, affects all or most applications
--etc etc..

Any sound issue, whatever the state of that sound issues has to be checked for sound issues
--that means looking at the settings for alsa and so on..
Last edited by DrHu on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

List from command lsmod |grep sound
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

Let's just try straight up lsmod and I'll search the long list as I don't quite remember what exactly to grep to get just the sound stuff, maybe snd.
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

I wonder if it is caused by the driver being split between to things snd/modem, wonder if there's a way to kill the modem half of things. This is kinda out of my realm so maybe someone with more experience in similar issues can get something out of the info so far.

Return to “Beginner Questions”