I like it!

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi Gramps,

Nice to hear from you again. The stable version of Bea was released and it comes with mintDesktop which features a tutorial on how to do certain things.

We're also gathering howtos and they will be included in the next version.

Clem
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
npap
Level 6
Level 6

I like it!

Post by npap »

Hello quickstart, Merry Christmas.

Quote:
"If Linux is so good, how come I can't get all that spyware and virus stuff...?"

Well, it's a good question. I think, Clem should include some of that stuff in the next version of Mint. :o lol
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: I like it!

Post by npap »

Gramps wrote:I like the LinuxMint 2.1 beta I have installed. The only suggestion I can make is to make it as easy to use as possible. There are many out here like myself who are older and/or technically challanged :oops: We don't understand any of the lingo associated with linux. Don't know how to enter commands. Many of us have very poor internet connections or none at all, we can't access the forum so maybe some help files with the CD. Just a thought, don't know how applicable or practicle it is to you. :D Sorry to bother you.

Gramps
Hello again Gramps,
They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I am probably an older dog than you. And believe me I used to hate the damn Terminal and commands. That dark background, it seems, was put there to scare us newbies off.

Well, I got to like it when somebody showed me what I can do with it. It's not so bad really. After all, who needs the thing anymore. Most of the software you would want to download is found in the Synaptic, and Clem has taken care of that too.
Besides Clem was kind enough to make the terminal less scary to the beginner and more fun to use.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
Regards, npap

Return to “Non-technical Questions”