[SOLVED]compiz flip cube

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Amos

[SOLVED]compiz flip cube

Post by Amos »

Hi all I hope this is in the right section I searched for a long time and cant find the answer, so I am running linux mint 8 gloria everything working wonderfully, by far the best distribution for me, so I saw this video on youtube for compiz and having a flipcube basically for anyone who doesnt understand a cube with 2 sides, so I got compiz working nice but when I change the horizontal virtual size from 4 to 2 it changes back to 4 I can have 1 4 or any other number but not 2 I tried disbaling the cube and other stuff but to no avail.

I read somewhere configuring mint desktop to 2 from 4 will do the trick but I cant find it lol, so can anyone please help me out here its not life threatening but it would be nice to try, anyway here is the youtube vid I watched

27 and 41 seconds

thx very much and thx for a great distribution
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: compiz flip cube

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Amos,

Go to Simple Compizconfig Settings and open the Desktop tab. Here you can change desktop columns and rows and get what you want.
Amos

Post by Amos »

thx for that did help some but when I change desktop columns to 2 it changes back to 4 I disbaled cube and all the bit related to it and still same I have expo on too but I can change the desktop columns to 3 ok but not 2, any ideas on what I am doing wrong
Amos

Post by Amos »

bump any ideas yet?
nadir

Post by nadir »

im not sure if i got it right: you want the cube but only with two sides? correct?

on the gnome-panel is the workspace-switcher, if it aint there add it (right-click on the panel and choose add to panel. scroll down and choose workspace-switcher). right-click on the workspace-switcher and choose preferences.
set the rows to 2. that should give you a two-side-cube. how to go on with the configuring you need to try.
i hope it will work, if i boot in gnome and its different i need to edit the post :-) greetings
Amos

Post by Amos »

I got 4 sides but want 2 as I think a page is nicer than a cube

dude you are the MAN, for some reason the workspace switcher has 12 desktops on it I dont have that on a panel so I did as you say I now have a nice 2 sided flip cube thx very much

and here it is :D
http://img267.imageshack.us/i/screenshot1o.png/

Return to “Beginner Questions”