Testing ndiswrapper on Live CD Machine, how can I do it?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Testing ndiswrapper on Live CD Machine, how can I do it?

Post by jbaerbock »

My wife's computer isn't able to see the wireless signal she tries to connect to but I know once I installed Mint on my comp it improved my wireless capabilities a lot. She has an older version of my wireless card so I'd like to try and see if I can get her wireless working with Mint so I can test out if Linux works better with her card too. Problem is to get the Broadcom cards working I must ndiswrapper a windows Broadcom driver and blacklist the normal driver that Linux tries to load via default. Problem is she has windows and doesn't want me to install Linux. So therefore I must use the LiveCD for my tests. My question is how can I blacklist and ndiswrapper the driver to get it to work? Normally to fully blacklist a driver you must restart but once a LiveCD is restarted I loose the prior configuration. How can I either get the LiveCD to save a config file somewhere with the blacklist and driver or how can I blacklist and restart without loosing the configuration of drivers and blacklist I did? I hope my explanation wasn't too messy but please help! Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

Problem is she has a Broadcom wireless card which doesn't run unless I ndiswrap a windows driver (same as my comp). Does that test work even with a non working driver?
jbaerbock
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbaerbock »

Actualy PCLinuxOS (while is sucks) does offer wireless GUI which does not require a restart or blacklist so I can test linux wireless without a restart while on the LiveCD.

Return to “Installation & Boot”