Need to reinstall some missing PulseAudio pkgs

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lKingjr

Need to reinstall some missing PulseAudio pkgs

Post by lKingjr »

OK! I "accidently" on purpose uninstalled PulseAudio from my brand new install of Linux Mint 8 RC1 thinking it might resolve an audio issue I was having. It didn't. When I uninstalled it, it took out about 11 packages. When I re-installed it it put 3 back. is there a way I can get the missing ones back short of a complete install of Mint? I already have a number of programs, themes, I would like to keep. thanks

btw a couple were named mint-somethings which weren't listed in synaptic far as I remember.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Need to reinstall some missing PulseAudio pkgs

Post by Husse »

If you used Synaptic to uninstall you would have to look in the History - anything (un)installed should be there including all "mint something"
When you have found out what's missing use the list to install
This shows how important it is to check what else is uninstalled when you uninstall
If you have bad luck removing some seemingly unimportant app can drag most of your system to the bin
lKingjr

Re: Need to reinstall some missing PulseAudio pkgs

Post by lKingjr »

Husse wrote:If you used Synaptic to uninstall you would have to look in the History - anything (un)installed should be there including all "mint something"
When you have found out what's missing use the list to install
This shows how important it is to check what else is uninstalled when you uninstall
If you have bad luck removing some seemingly unimportant app can drag most of your system to the bin
it was all pulseaudio files. I was actually trying to get rid of them to see if it helped my audio issues running various ubuntu 9.10 based distro's in VirtualBox on a Mac host. I didn't get them all back, and seems it a package that actually lists everything that should be installed in Mint, although I forget the name cause it's been awhile. Thanks for helping though.

Return to “Beginner Questions”