I need some help with Partitioning Mint 7? (PLEASE!!!)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
reaZon

Re: I need some help with Partitioning Mint 7? (PLEASE!!!)

Post by reaZon »

you can choose to let the mint install itself automatically using the first option,or alternatively you can choose the advanced installation.but you have to take care of a few things.
mark the "mount point" of the partition you want to install Mint on as "/" as for any other linux distro.a default mint installation takes about 2.5 gigs.so take care of the size. i have it 23 gigs.
mark another partition as "swap space".a good practice for the size this partiotion is twice as much as your RAM.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
garda

Post by garda »

There should be a copy of the Official User Guide on the disc -- it's a PDF file, if I remember it correctly. Or simply download it from the official server:

Code: Select all

http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/stable/7/user-guide/english.pdf
Drive partitioning stage is covered on pages 15-17.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

I always do the normal install because I just don't get it. I have never had a problem doing it this way. I must say it has gotten better in mint 7 but I still don't understand it at all....try the easier basic default mode - you will be happy. Welcome!
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!

Return to “Beginner Questions”