Files- .eml

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jmjhome

Files- .eml

Post by jmjhome »

Hello,

Can .eml files be converted into another format? Such as jpg? How does one do this, is there a good software program to do this?

I am using Linux Mint 7 KDE

Cheers
Anthony
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Files- .eml

Post by DrHu »

jmjhome wrote:Can .eml files be converted into another format? Such as jpg? How does one do this, is there a good software program to do this?
  • I hope you would know where the file came from, and how it was created (by which windows program)...
Emm, err No!
--well you could change them, but it won't work

That file type is an outlook express mail file
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 431AAeWN7h
  • based on that explanation, if you change it to .mht, it might be readable with a program that can read .mht files, like the opera 10 web browser
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... es-256269/
jmjhome

Re: Files- .eml

Post by jmjhome »

Hello,

Thank you for reply.

I decided to try this:
This file was on a webpage, someone used it as a picture file. In this case click on the link to see pictures. However, it did not work.
So what I did was download the eml file, email it from one of my email accounts to the other, then opened it with Thunderbird and then I could see the pics on the email.

I was surprised it was an eml file.

Again thank you for your time

Cheers
Anthony

Return to “Beginner Questions”